Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: How stupid can Nasa be?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mitesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2009
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    How stupid can Nasa be?

    Why in the world is Nasa crashing a spacecraft into the moon. They say it is to try to find water or ice but of what benefit will that be other than wasting money. Hopefully this stupid move will not come back to bite us on the butt. The way I see it is that they are screwing with things beyond their power to change. I guess next they will crash a spacecraft with a nuclear bomb inside it on the moon to see if humans can survive it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    I am not as anti-NASA as some, but I am not sold on this move.
    It will cost billions of dollars for the test, and in this economy we could use the money for a more practical reason.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    If you only knew what modern-day gadgets came about because of NASA, I think you might sing a different tune.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    If you only knew what modern-day gadgets came about because of NASA, I think you might sing a different tune.
    NASA has given us some gadgets and furthered our technology...but not nearly enough to justify the total amount of money that has been poured into it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    If you only knew what modern-day gadgets came about because of NASA, I think you might sing a different tune.
    I support NASA for the most part, so I hope this wasn't directed at me.

    People think NASA only sends spaceships to outer space and rovers on Mars, but it is much more than that.
    NASA is always working on different projects to advance technology and improve human life.

    PVFAN and I argue about NASA all the time, he is far from a fan.

    I have an uncle who works for NASA in Houston, he has maybe the most awesome job ever.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I support NASA for the most part, so I hope this wasn't directed at me.

    People think NASA only sends spaceships to outer space and rovers on Mars, but it is much more than that.
    NASA is always working on different projects to advance technology and improve human life.

    PVFAN and I argue about NASA all the time, he is far from a fan.

    I have an uncle who works for NASA in Houston, he has maybe the most awesome job ever.
    Only one thing needs to be said about NASA. 17.3 BILLION DOLLARS! That is billion with a B!
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    Mitesh they arent just looking for water. Also how many humans live on the moon at the moment to test a nuke on? Like bob said they have gave us alot of useful stuff we use in daily life.
    GO VOLS

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    They do some good things, I don't think anyone would dispute that but to spend 17 billion is absurd at this point. I think the whole test was done as a premlimanary step to one day colonize the moon. I personally do not support that but understand the arguments for it. Unless nations cut back their reproduction rates the earth will not be able to support the number of people living on it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    The problem with NASA is there's ALOT of smart people with no common sense.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Mitesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2009
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How stupid can Nasa be?

    [QUOTE=MikeJones;1792087]Mitesh they arent just looking for water. Also how many humans live on the moon at the moment to test a nuke on?

    I didn't say humans lives on the moon . If you would just think about it , if the moon is disturbed too much it could affect our lives. For one thing it controls the tides in the oceans. It may not hurt anything to do what nasa just did but why take an unnecessary risk.(moon also aids in gravitational pull) I know that nasa has done some good things but I think this one was stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •